Public call for filing the requests for verification of unpaid old foreign-currency savings
Pursuant to Article 8, Paragraph 1 of the Act Regulating the Enforcement of the European Court of Human Rights Judgement in Case No. 60642/08 (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia No. 48/15; hereinafter: Act), the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Slovenia hereby issues a
for filing the requests for verification of unpaid old foreign-currency savings
Subject and purpose of the public call
All holders of unpaid old foreign-currency savings with claims against Ljubljanska banka d.d. Ljubljana, Glavna filijala Sarajevo (hereinafter: Sarajevo Main Branch) and Ljubljanska banka d. d. Ljubljana, Glavna filijala Zagreb (hereinafter: Zagreb Main Branch) are hereby called to file requests for verification of unpaid old foreign-currency savings.
Pursuant to Article 21, Paragraph 1 of the Act, the decision-making concerning the matters related to the verification of unpaid old foreign-currency savings at Sarajevo Main Branch shall be postponed until the data under Article 9, Paragraph 4 of the Act is obtained. The date when this data is obtained will be published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia and on the website of the Succession Fund of the Republic of Slovenia.
Pursuant to the Act, the beneficiaries are natural persons who have a claim arising from an unpaid old foreign-currency savings. The beneficiaries are also civil legal persons, who were holders of unpaid old foreign-currency savings according to the the SFRY’s regulations on foreign currency transactions. In the event that a natural person has acquired a claim arising from an unpaid old foreign-currency savings on the basis of a valid legal transaction, they shall be entitled to pursue their request for verification only if the acquisition of the claim has been recorded at Sarajevo Main Branch or Zagreb Main Branch by 1st December 2015.
Method and deadline for submission and content of requests for verification
Request for verification shall be filed in person or by mail sent to Sklad Republike Slovenije za nasledstvo, javni sklad, Glinška 3, SI-1000 Ljubljana (hereinafter: the Fund). Request may be filed by beneficiaries themselves and the Fund shall be available for any assistance and clarifications.
Request for verification shall be filed from 1st December 2015 to 31st December 2017. In order to speed up processing of requests, we recommend they be filed by means of a form attached to the Rules on Filing the Request for Verification of an Unpaid Old Foreign-Currency Savings (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 81/2015), and which has also been published on the Fund's website at www.srsn.si. The form shall be filled out in accordance with the instructions published on the Fund's website at www.srsn.si.
A request for verification shall include:
- data of the beneficiary – their name, date and place of birth, permanent address of the beneficiary or title and registered office, as well as the tax number or other identification number of the beneficiary;
- name and permanent address of a beneficiary’s legal or statutory representative, if any;
- data on the unpaid old foreign-currency savings;
- in case of obtaining the claim through inheritance, indication of the legal predecessor and the basis for inheritance;
- mailing address if different from the address of the beneficiary's permanent residence;
- beneficiary’s signature (in the event of filing by mail, the signature of the beneficiary on the request must be duly certified).
The following shall be enclosed with the request:
- the supporting documents concerning the old foreign-currency savings (an original or copy of the foreign-currency savings book or savings contract or other documents proving the existence and the amount of the claim);
- a copy of the beneficiary's personal identification document;
- authorisation or other individual act providing the basis for representation if a beneficiary submits a request through a legal or statutory representative (if the beneficiary is represented by a legal representative who is not an attorney-at-law, the authorisation must be duly certified);
- a legal act providing the basis for legal succession;
- evidence on the holder and number of the transaction or personal account to which the funds from the unpaid old foreign-currency savings shall be transferred;
- a written statement of the beneficiary assuming material and criminal liability, stating that the unpaid old foreign-currency savings has not been transferred to another person.
The Fund shall be competent for the decision-making in the verification procedure. In the verification procedure, the beneficiaries, the existence and the amount of each specific unpaid old foreign-currency savings will be determined and the interest calculated in accordance with the provisions of the Act. In the event that the Fund finds out that the request for verification is substantiated, the Fund shall prepare an indicative calculation which will be served to the beneficiary's permanent address or their mailing address. In the event that the beneficiary does not contest the calculation, the Fund shall pay him the amount on the 30th day after the finality of the calculation.
Beneficiaries can obtain any further information on submission of the requests for verification from the Fund by e-mail: MF.Info-SRSN(at)mf-rs.si, or by phone: +386 1 369 6969, and also on the Fund's website at www.srsn.si Clarifications and answers to any questions regarding the verification procedures will also be published on the Fund's website.